Stewart Indian School Cultural Center & MuseumContent + Interpretation
Senior Content Developer | Writer
The Stewart Indian School Cultural Center and Museum opened in January 2020 in Carson City, Nevada. Housed in the school’s former administration building, the Cultural Center is dedicated to the memory of the first Stewart students from the Great Basin tribes and all impacted by the Indian boarding school experience. The Museum and its design seek to honor living American Indian materials and traditions.
Roles + Responsibilities:
- Led content and narrative strategy from Master Plan to Design Development;
- Gathered and integrated input and feedback from tribal advisory committee, Museum director, curator and researchers to craft exhibit narratives;
- Outlined, drafted, revised and edited text panels, timelines and captions;
- Collaborated with design team and curator in formulating exhibit and interactive ideas;
- Managed artifact and image inventories, collaborated with design team to determine placement.
Exhibition Design: Gallagher & Associates